References to Star Wars in other movies
In alphabetical order (numbers first).
- 17 Again
- Mike has a life-size Vader and FX lightsabers in his hallway.
Also at the party, a couple guys sport stormtrooper and X-wing helmets.
- A Cinderella Story
- The high school techno-geek wears a shirt that says "Darth Vader was
- American Pie 2 
- "The Force is strong in that one."
- Armageddon [1998-06]
- BA: "No, I think that I would have to be... Han Solo."
OG: "No, No, I would HAVE to be Han Solo"
BA: "No, I would be Han, and you could be Chewbacca."
OG: "Chewbacca? Me? Have you even SEEN Star Wars?!"
also the Russian astronaut says "...I never saw Star Wars"
- Argo 
- There are a bunch of SW toys in the boy's bedroom at the end.
- Arthur 
- Somebody in a hospital bed wearing a Vader mask.
- Austin Powers, the Spy who Shagged Me 
- "I am your father"
- Beverly Hills Cop II 
- Axel to Judg Reinhold:
"Are you driving with your eyes closed, or are you like using the Force?"
- Beverly Hills Cop 3 
- George Lucas makes a cameo apperance as an amusement park attendee waiting in line for a ride.
- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure 
- "I am Darth Ted" "And I am Luke Bill" [lightsaber sounds]
- Boogie Nights 
- trying to sell a "TK-421" stereo upgrade; and
"Have you seen that movie 'Star Wars'?"
"Yeah, four times!"
"People say I look like Han Solo"
- The Buddy System
- Will Wheaton is shown playing with Star Wars gear including Slave I
- Can't Hardly Wait 
- Early in the movie, the three biggest geeks are planning their attack on the
big jock in the movie and they have it all modeled out. The lead geek
points to one of the side-geeks and says, "OK, this is you Grand Moff
Tarkin" and then to the other "You're Boba Fett" and then the two kids get
in a fight over who gets to be Fett (they're both wearing X-Files shirts).
Finally the head geek reaches into a box of toys and says: "Never mind,
you're both KISS dolls!" Interestingly enough, they never showed any SW
figures, I wonder if they got in some sort of dispute over it.
Then later when the two side geeks are waiting to get the bad guy on the
roof, they have a flashlight fight acting out the duel in ESB.
The 'Luke' pushes 'Vader' and they get in a mini fight about how he
didn't push Vader but should have after he cut Luke's hand off.
- Chasing Amy 
- When Holden, co-creator of "Bluntman and Chronic," cites Lando Calrissian as a positive black character in the genre, Hooper goes off and paints SW (aka "the holy trilogy") in a racist light. He calls Luke Skywalker a Nazi's wet dream, Lando an Uncle Tom, and Vader a Nubian god.
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- The alien ship has a tiny R2-D2 integrated into its design.
- Coming to America 
- "Do not alert him to my presence. I'll deal with him myself"
- Date Movie 
- A spoofy reference to the end of EP3.
- Demolition Man 
- Stallone's character says "Hey, Luke Skywalker, use the force!"
- Dogma 
- "I feel like Han Solo, you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi,
and we're in that f*cked up bar!"
- Dogtown 
- "I like Star Wars." "[Yeah,] Chewbacca is cool"
- Earth Girls are Easy 
- "No offense, but you do look kind of like Wookiees or werewolves or something..."
- E.T. 
- Elliott shows E.T. lots of SW action figures; E.T. sees a kid dressed up as Yoda for Halloween, and chases after him.
- Ferris Bueller's Day off 
- The SW theme is played during part of the car thieves' "flight".
- The Flintstones 
- As the closing credits begin (replicating those of the original
cartoon), the family leaves the drive-in where "Gorge Lucas / Tar
Wars" is playing.
- Fools Rush In 
- Free Enterprise
- Genius 
- "I just wish you'd use your powers for good, not evil... When exactly did you go over to the dark side?"
- Grandview, U.S.A. 
- One of the demolition derby cars is named "DARTH VADER"
and has a full-size caped figure on the roof.
- Hackers 
- Cereal Killer tells Crash Override "May the Force be with you, man."
- Happy Gilmore 
- Heat 
- Hollow Reed 
- The Hunt for Red October 
- The crew of the Dallas watched ROJ the night before they were ordered to hunt down the Red October.
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 
- The name of the night club in the opening sequence is "Club Obi Wan".
- The Indian in the Cupboard 
- A miniature Darth Vader battles a miniature Tyrannosaurus Rex
(less than 10 seconds screen time).
- Karate Kid 
- Knocked Up 
- At least 2 Star Wars references -- 1 Chewie and 1 Jabba
- The Last Seduction 
- "Where you from?" "A galaxy far, far away"
- Little Giants 
- Live Free or Die Hard
- There's a Fett standee in the guy's basement.
- Mallrats 
- Master of Disguise 
- "There's a dark side? Exactly like Star Wars?"
- Men In Black 
- "Correllian death ray"
- Men In Black 3 
- J to young K in the car: "...your Jedi thing"
- Mighty Aphrodite(?) 
- There is a party after this wedding rehearsal and the (big)
band members have Darth Vader helmets on, all the waitresses
are dressed like Leia, the bartenders have Chewie masks on, and
every table has a Vader head/flowered centerpiece. There is a
big "May the Force be with you" banner in the background. The
cake has POTF2 toys on it, and this little kid is dressed like
Luke, including the POTF2 lightsaber. Early on, in Woody's
character's apartment there is a Falcon on the book shelf. No
mention is ever made by the characters to SW, though.
- No Small Affair 
- The kids are playing SW Atari upright arcade game in the background
- Poltergeist 
- Lots of SW toys all over the kids' bedroom.
- Porn Wars Episode I (DVD only)
- Porn Wars Episode II (DVD only)
- Porn Wars Episode III (DVD only)
- Princess Bride 
- Raiders of the Lost Ark 
- It's not necessarily visible in the movie,
but it is a fact that
the hieroglyphics on the wall behind the ark include
carved images of R2-D2 and C-3PO.
- Real Genius 
- "No, Yoda. Yeah you!"
- Reign of Fire 
- They act out the "I am your father" scene.
- Richie Rich 
- Richie says "Kinda like 'Trust the Force, Luke'?"
- Rocketman 
- "Well, it looks like it's me and you, my little ewok!"
- Se7en 
- "Just because the f***er's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda."
- Sex Wars [1985, Excalibur Films]
- Spaceballs 
- (the whole darn thing)
- The Stepford Wives 
- "But what about my action figures?" "There's Mace Windu and Amidala." "Where's Boba Fett?"
- Strange Brew 
- Doug: "I am your father Luke! Give in to the dark side of the force, you nob!"
Bob: "He saw 'Jedi' 17 times, eh!"
- Super 8 
- Joe has a SW poster and Darth Vader's TIE model in his room.
- Tommy Boy 
- "Luke, I am your father"
- Tomorrow Never Dies [1997, United Artists]
- One of Elliot Carver's newspaper headlines is "The Empire Will Strike Back"
- Toy Story 2 
- Buzz: "You killed my father!" Zurg: "No, I am your father!" Buzz: "No!!!"
- Twister 
- "That's no moon, that's a space station!"
- Up 
- During the end credits, a scene shows a movie theater playing Star Wars.
- Without a Paddle 
- A vintage C-3PO action figure plays a key role, as well as one of the actors doing a C-3PO voice.
This leads to all sorts of comments regarding SW and SW characters by others in the movie.
- Wreck-it-Ralph 
- A SW arcade game appears during the "history of the arcade" segment.
A squad of stormtroopers can be glimpsed at Game Central Station (unconfirmed).
The sound effect of Ralph breathing through a straw is Darth Vader's breathing.
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno 
- Two charming but filthy-mouthed poor people make an "adult" film named "Star Whores". SW references abound.
ContributorsThe following people contributed information for this page: Sean Ault,
and a lot of people listed on the parent page
Navigate: [SWB Home] [SWB Company List] [SWB abbreviations] [Search] [Feedback]
Copyright © 1994-2012 Martin Thurn, All Rights Reserved
Page updated Wed May 15 18:09:59 2013 / Maintained by Martin Thurn